2002 Windstar Keyless Entry code location? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 15:13   #1 (permalink)

2002 Windstar Keyless Entry code location?

I recently purchased a 2002 Windstar. The dealer did not have the 5 digit code for the keyless entry. Does anyone know the location of the module that has the sticker with the code on it?

Thanks
AG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2005, 15:35   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 2002 Windstar Keyless Entry code location?

Look in your users manual. There should be a secondary piece of paper in there that has this code typed out on it. If not then you can try the following.

Remove the U shaped trim panel at the bottom of the dash area near the floor. Behind the lower storage door area there should be a vertical dash frame member. Attached on the back (towards the engine) of the member should be the "ECU" of the keyless entry. This should be a square shaped electronic box about 3-4 inches square. It should have an antenna lead plugged into it that looks like the one on a car stereo.

Hopefully attached to this box is a sticker with the default code. You may have to remove it completely or use a mirror to see the code.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 20:04   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply, I did as you said and found the RKE module but there was no code on it. I also tried the the Rear Electronic Module located behind the jack and no luck there either. Any other suggestions? Does Ford not put the code on all cars?

Thanks
AG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

It will be on the car. Unless there was an accident and it was removed during repairs. If that is the case you can always try to contact Ford CS and give them your vin and they might (emphasis on might) look it up for you.

I have seen these also listed on the ECU itself as a little sticker, which with most fords is located under the kickpanel on the front passenger side of the vehicle.

Unfortunately I do not have my Ford Data CD for the windstar here.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:29   #5 (permalink)

I too bought a used 02 Windstar. No manual and the dealer wants $50 to plug in his scanner and retrieve the codes. Did anyone ever find their codes on a sticker somewhere on the vehicle??

Thanks in advance
RS
Redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:57   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74
I recently purchased a 2002 Windstar. The dealer did not have the 5 digit code for the keyless entry. Does anyone know the location of the module that has the sticker with the code on it?

Thanks
I'm in the same predicament, I bought a 2001 windstar and I'm having difficulty getting the code, nevermind that there was only one key and no keyless remotes. I had the dealer make me another key at their expense and I bought 2 keyless remotes on e-bay. If I find another way to get the keyless entry code i will let you know ASAP. Unfortuneatley with the weather here in NY I might have to wait until the summer to check the vehicle inside out. But I will keep you posted.
windstarican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 17:24   #7 (permalink)
Unregistered

Do you already have a keyless entry that works? Don't have one, or the one that you have not work at all? We purchased a 2003 that had only one fob. Bought another on eBay, programmed it with the instructions and it works fine. A second key was a different story - $75. Also, some locksmiths (not all have the code machine) can help you out as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar