2003 windstar SEL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 16:29   #1 (permalink)

2003 windstar SEL

Ok my daughter just bought this 2003 Ford Windstar SEL 3.8L 130000 miles.Nice looking van but what an electrical nightmare,hard to decide where to start but i will list what is all wrong with this thing. 1)drivers window doesnt work but when button is pushed i hear clicking from the front control module by the fuse box,2)overhead buttons for the psd's- drivers side will only work when engine is off and doors are unlocked and doesnt matter if the switch is in the on or off position. The passenger side will not work at all but can hear a click coming from the back on the passenger side.3)passenger psd- when opened manually from the outside it will Sometimes automatically open and then you can push the button just in side the door and it will close and thats the only time that button will work,never work to open the door 4)no backup lights at all but there is tail lights and brake and signal lights on both sides 5)No flash of the lights when the doors are locked/unlocked or alarm is set,just a single horn chirp when lock button is pushed twice on the fob. 6) no power passenger seat,doesnt work at all. 7) Rear driver side vent window only works when engine running or ignition turned on,passenger side works when key is turned to acc and when the engine runs or ignition turned on. Can someone tell me where the code is for the keyless entry pad on the drivers door is for sure? i have looked at the module behind the glove box and tryed the 5 digit number from there and no go,looked at the keyless entry module behind the radio but there are a list of numbers and letters so thats probably not it? Also does anyone know if ford put in a better blend door by 2003? I have to replace the actuator cause its clicking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have the owners manual on order so that will help some.
eagle00799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 14:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2003 windstar SEL

Wow...this sounds like a nightmare...and on top of all this you haven't even mention the Ford Recall on this Windstar....Sorry...

First let me see if we here can help...I will contact some of the other Mod's and address your issues one at a time. Have you had the OBDII codes read?? This sounds like someone had Reprogram the PCM...to replace a Key for this Van.

1. Have you pulled the Door panel off the Drivers door to see if the Cable is still working on the P/W motor??
2. You may have burnt out Back up lights...check and replace.
3. you may need to take this to a Ford Dealer to get, and find the Code for the Keyless entry.
4. Have you checked All Fuses and Relays???

I will check with others to see what they think...
Old 03-19-2012, 21:10   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help Sterling Six, I havent checked the codes but i can with a cheapo reader or will the expensive readers tell me if the pcm has been reprogrammed? i can tell you this, the title was in a banks name which is making me think it might have been a repo and may have in fact remade a key. I can look tomorrow and see if the key shows any signs of wear but i believe you may be on to something there. I have not pulled the door panel off the drivers door yet but i did check the fuses and relays and they are good. I will check the window motor with a volt meter and see if its getting power or not but the window seems like the least of the problems for now anyway.I have checked the back up bulbs themselves and they are good along with the fuses.Not going to worry much about the keyless entry code right now. I have found out the overhead switches for the psd's are supposed to work with the tranny in park and the on/off switch turns on/off the rear buttons for the psd's,thats how its supposed to work according to the manual. now this is how it is working, after pulling the #6 fuse to reset the doors and radio and reset according to the manual the drivers side psd works fine but the passanger side will only work the first time by pressing the overhead switch and nothing after that but a clicking from the far rear of the van, maybe the motor? As far as the recalls on this van, a local independant mechanic says all the update have been performed.
eagle00799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 23:37   #4 (permalink)

Check battery wiring harnesses and ground connection ... Mine van was ruined...

Should check all ground connections...

FRONT ELECT MODULE and REAR ELECT MODULE groundings and are those boxes ok...

Every used car what i have bought --- founded similar problems.....

Windstar with automatic tranny --- if theres a problems in circuitry will cause
all kind of driveability , idle etc problems....
jartsihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar