2004 Freestar Evaporater to Condenser tube - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36   #1 (permalink)

2004 Freestar Evaporater to Condenser tube

I'm having a bit of trouble verifying the part name/number that I need. We had to replace the orifice and the end of the aluminum tube got messed up and won't seal.

It's about 8 to 10 inches long, it's bent like an "L". One end has a special fitting you have to use a tool to get off, the other end is threaded. The threaded end is leaking so we need a new part.

My wife called the closest Ford Dealership and they said $187 bucks for it. I just can't believe that's right, but even if it is I want to make sure it's right before I order it.

They said it was part YF3150 - i've looked online and can't find a picture. Amazon has the part listed but it says it's 30 inches long.

Any ideas?
jodyperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 09:48   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2004 Freestar Evaporater to Condenser tube

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-YF3...art/B000IYK8LY

[http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/par...0-suction-line
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52   #3 (permalink)

I've seen that but I'm not sure it's the right piece. It also says w/o aux ac and mine has the rear ac.

amazon has one that's abotu 60 bucks - but it says it's 30 inches long. The tube I need is probably 8 or 9 inches.

I'm going to check Amazons return policy and probably have to order it.

None of the websites have a pic proving it's the right part.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Not sure on the length but RockAuto Parts Catalog list genuine MOTORCRAFT Part # YF3150 at $103.79

We buy a lot of stuff from them and they are a great company to deal with. I'll send you a PM with more info.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08   #6 (permalink)

That looks like it. Amazon is listing the same part # - genuine motorcraft but the dimensions on it look suspect.

It's 30 bucks cheaper there (with free shipping).

It's amazing that part costs so much. I bought a rebuilt compressor for less than what Ford wants for this small tube.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:14   #7 (permalink)
Moderators

" Only 1 left in stock."
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 16:34   #8 (permalink)

According to the guy at RockAuto, it may not be that part at all. I have the dual zone AC and that part says "no aux ac". Dual zone may be YF3149 (or YF37179).

Anybody have access to the 2004 Freestar/Monterey Workshop Manual that shows that? I have a pdf with orifice removal that shows the part listed as "condenser-to-evaporater line" but no part number. It's in

SECTION 412-00: Climate Control System 2004 Freestar/Monterey Workshop Manual

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Procedure revision date: 10/20/2004

I'd imagine this is pretty much impossible to find online and clicking on an url in the file sends me to a Ford techservice login.

sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar