2004 Freestar Hatch Door - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52   #1 (permalink)

roll 2004 Freestar Hatch Door

The latch is broken and I need to know how to access it. I have looked inside and outside for screws to take off a panel but cannot find them. Any help would be appreciated!
JiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 14:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2004 Freestar Hatch Door

Have you had any luck I have a 2004 freestar also and the hatch handle just came off one day and cant get it open and can't get panel of while closed....
stacieoreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
canuck

The rear hatch inner panels are held in place by clips, you'll have to pry them off as carefully as possible not to break the clips. Under the panels there should be a plastic vapour barrier that you'll have to remove. If you can manage to remove it carefully you can re-glue it down and then reinstall the panels. It will require some fiddling to get the panels off!
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 20:15   #4 (permalink)

Same thing with me...except it has happened twice now and I have seen many a freestar drivng around with a missing back handle.
Two ways to open the hatch with no handle:
1) The easiest way to open up the hatch is to look in the hole where the handle came out and you will see a little metal tab (where the handle attaches). Take long needle nose pliers and grab that metal peice and pull (make sure the door is unlocked) and the door wil open (I do this all the time until I can find a new piece...one side of mine actually broke off)

or

2)Remove the small square (1" X 1") access panel from the inside back and feel around with your finger and you will feel a wire cable pull the wire cable until the door opens try all different directions...make sure the door is unlocked. After the door is open you will have to remove the inside panel and hook it back in.
Rickster176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 17:57   #5 (permalink)

Hey Rickster your information helped me fix my door.Thanks for posting!We beat the dealer out of alot of money...Yes!
WaltMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar