92 Aerostar - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 16:54   #1 (permalink)

92 Aerostar

Have a very unusual situation I am in need of help with
I had a fuse blow in the van that blew the dashboard gadets...once I replaced the fuse in the van evertything (speedomenter and odometer) now read in kph instead of mph.

The reason I am aware this is what it did was the day it happend was the day I registered it and still had a copy of the milage before the fuse blew (exactly differance was able to be divided by 1.67)...107000 miles became 178690 and the speedometer is also when traveling at 44 mph I am actually doing 55 mph (again 55/1.67 = 44 mph)

The Ford Dealers that I have spoken to said they have never heard of this happening and do not know how to fix it...I just moved to another state but have yet to check with a dealer here.

Any suggestions for this non-mechanical moron

Thanks
Don
DBIddle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 16:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: 92 Aerostar

Since I posted this I have found that the problem is the instrument panel cluster but the local Ford dealer was not able to find a replacement nor did they offer a way to possibly reset the device.....anyone have a clue how I could reset this??

Thanks
DBIddle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar