Ford Forums banner

92 Aerostar No oil pressure in Trans. HELP ME

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  blublu 
#1 ·
I recently change out the transmission from a running van. I saw it run myself so I know the transmission works. But when the transmission was installed in my 92 Aerostar it has no oil pressure at all. This is the same problem I had with the previous Transmission. That's why I changed it out. Could this be a computer problem or something mechanical in the transmission. ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!!!!!

#2 ·
blublu said:
I recently change out the transmission from a running van. I saw it run myself so I know the transmission works. But when the transmission was installed in my 92 Aerostar it has no oil pressure at all. This is the same problem I had with the previous Transmission. That's why I changed it out. Could this be a computer problem or something mechanical in the transmission. ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!!!!!
DOnt know anything about that model , bau this suggests either the tang on the pump drive is not engaged or the converter may have a problem if the same converter .

#3 ·
blublu said:
Not sure about Aerostars (??) but have you checked to cooler pipes, they may be blocked, especially if the original trans crapped itself & filled them full of crap.
Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.