95 Areostar won't warm up. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 11:29   #1 (permalink)

95 Areostar won't warm up.

Hi guys,
The minivan in our family of fords takes about 45minutes-1 1/2 hours until it is warm enough to make putting on the heater a comfortable experienced We've tried replacing the thermostat, twice, but no change. Anyone have any ideas because we're not sure where to go from here? Thanks.
coalsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2005, 03:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: 95 Areostar won't warm up.

Does anyone have any ideas at all? We took it to Ford, but they were completely baffled. We tried putting in a higher temperature thermostat, but it actually got a bit worse (colder). Now we're totally baffled too.
coalsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:49   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalsmoke
Does anyone have any ideas at all? We took it to Ford, but they were completely baffled. We tried putting in a higher temperature thermostat, but it actually got a bit worse (colder). Now we're totally baffled too.
I have the same car, coalsmoke, 95 Aerostar, and the same problem. Mine is the extended van with the 4.0 liter engine, All Wheel Drive. My temperature gauge hangs in around the N of the normal range, which isn't normal. On a recent long trip, the check engine light came on, and my mechanic said that this may be due to the engine not running at proper temperature. He replaced the thermostat, and nothing changed. I am taking the car back to my mechanic for him to put in a higher temp thermostat, but now I am wondering if that is the problem. Here is one possibility: I understand that changing the thermostat on these vans is no easy task, and it is possible that our mechanics are faking it, not actually doing the work, figuring the car runs a little cold and this is no big deal. I live in California, and heat isn't a big issue here. In reality, the thermostat is stuck open and the car is running cold which is bad for the engine, reduces gas mileage, and effects the heater. Second possibility, the thermostats are being installed wrong.

Where does your temperature gauge read?
manwithavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:25   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

Wink Re: 95 Areostar won't warm up.

Ok i just got my 1992 FORD AEROSTAR V6 3.0
it was doing the same thing
i fix mine
a good flush
new thermostat 192-195
new temp sender switch
new temp temp sensor
cost about $40.00
to do it.
now it never get's past the normal line. Heat working very good
Hope this help
Old 01-21-2006, 10:35   #5 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: 95 Areostar won't warm up.

1992 FORD AEROSTAR V6 3.0
Mine was doing the same thing i got mine fix.
flush the system i did mine with just hot water
new thermostat 192-195
new temp sender switch
new temp sensor
cost about $40.00 to fix it mine was easy it was all up front easy to get to
now its working perfect. My Temperature Gauge never gets past the
MIDDLE of normal
Hope this help you
alabamabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:49   #6 (permalink)

Have you checked the clutch on the fan? My 90 4.0 Areo the fan clutch locked up and would pull to much air and kept the engine cold.
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 14:45   #7 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamabill
1992 FORD AEROSTAR V6 3.0
Mine was doing the same thing i got mine fix.
flush the system i did mine with just hot water
new thermostat 192-195
new temp sender switch
new temp sensor
cost about $40.00 to fix it mine was easy it was all up front easy to get to
now its working perfect. My Temperature Gauge never gets past the
MIDDLE of normal
Hope this help you
I'm in Canada, I have a 4.0L Aerostar, and I had that same problem, the thermostat swap helped, though it still takes 15 minutes of driving to get it about the N, but after about 20 minutes of driving, shes into the middle of the gauge and its gettin toasty inside... And thats when its 0 fahrenheit outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar