95 Windstar Leaks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01   #1 (permalink)

95 Windstar Leaks

I have never done this before but here it goes.... I have a 1995 Windstar 3.8l w/ 315,000+ Miles. Original Engine, 2nd Trans and Raditor, 4th Water pump. I have been doing most of the repairs myself but this one is killing me. I have a small leak from 2 lines that come from somewhere.. The lines are metal and go past the PS pump and then are rubber... Turn metal again then rubber then metal into an area around the raditor... I think they are oil cooling lines, but I can't find anything that will tell me this for sure. I would just cut them and replace with rubber, but the the connections from rubber to metal are presure crimped in place, not clamped. I have a small puddle (about 3") under the front of the van every morning, but it doesn't leave anything when I drive it to and from shops or outings. I use about 1qt of oil every 3500 miles... but I think this is normal for the miles and age. Can anyone tell me what the lines are, and what I can do to replace them, since I can't seam to find them in any part list... Thanks
SD95Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 15:02   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 95 Windstar Leaks

The only thing I can think of would be the transmission oil cooler lines. Is the fluid red?
Old 10-10-2012, 15:43   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Some of these has power steering fluid coolers from what I've read.

jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:29   #4 (permalink)

The fluid is not red, it looks like oil, I just talked to the local station and they said the lines are oil cooling lines, and want like $300 for the lines and $180 to replace them. I just found a tran cooling line leak also, right at the cooler ( Loose connection) I can fix that. Does anyone know were to get Oil cooling lines with metal and rubber?
SD95Windstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 18:48   #5 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Rock Auto
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar