any van engine conversions out there? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2003, 20:42   #1 (permalink)
Lion Poacher

Question any van engine conversions out there?

Howdy all,
I want to buy myself a FORD van, not sure what type yet. But the thing was i wanted to buy one that had seen better days and turn it into something special.
But what i wanted to know was does anyone know of any ford vans that have had V8 or turbo engine conversions carried out. Im maily after motors that will go in without to much stuffin around I also have plans to get it tubbed for some nice wide tyres.
If anyone has seen anything like this before could you please let me know.

Cheers

Trav.

The plans for the new toy are just about done!!
XR8 8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2003, 10:09   #2 (permalink)

Street rodder's have been doing this since the 60's with the larger van's, but the small one's have limited space for easy engine swap's.
If it were me I'd go with a mid 70's E-100 or 150 that already has the V/8 and go from there. Perhap's a modded out 351W, aluminum intake, 4bbl. carb, header's, cam, shift kitted C6 tranny, narrow a 9in. rear w/ different gearing so you can launch it real hard. The possibilitie's are endless. Whatever fit's your wallet.
If you really want to go nut's buy my race car and pull the drivetrain out and put it in the van. You'll be in for a wild ride.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...63380000001610
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42   #3 (permalink)

Re: any van engine conversions out there?

I just brought an XD falky panel van and it rocks!!
It started life as a 6 but the previous owner dropped a 302C with a holley 600 vac sec, pacemaker headers and a cam. Pics here http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=61936 except it now has chrome rocker covers and an MSD blaster 2 coil. I got a 3 inch 2 - 1 exhaust an put it on the dyno (180hp 220 ft-lbs). In the not to distant futre it's getting new shocks, bushes, dropped a coupla inches and a paint job...red I think.
It would be an easy swap to do (not that I've done it) as you can get all the parts you need from a doner V8 car, it should be as bolt in as you can get!
I'm also in the middle of putting a nissan 3L quad cam twin turbo in to my Mk1 capri, it should be an honest 300 rwhp. This is about as far away from a bolt in as you can get, unless you or a good friend are good at fabricating parts think carefully before you do it as grafting an engine in is a big job but that also means the end result is a bigger buzz!
If you are going for a van that's going to be mainly road use I'd super charge it. I have turbo'ed and supercharged capri 2L engines and my favorite for the road is the blower.
Good luck on what ever you go for!
Nismo_Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:22   #4 (permalink)

Are you sure your horsepower readings are accurate? My Aerostar puts down 200hp with just a filter and exhaust.... thats with a 4.0 6cyl.
19914WDVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 20:45   #5 (permalink)

Yep, here's the dyno chart. That's rear wheel HP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Van dyno.jpg (28.4 KB, 10 views)
Nismo_Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 04:27   #6 (permalink)
302 vanman

heaps of van conv i got a 302w in a transit van 1978 model but i know there are going to be a engine conv for the new transit ford v8 or holden v6 soon
cntact me if your inter got pics ofthe new body kits for the transit
302 vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 23:40   #7 (permalink)

Put a 5.0 in a aero van. Preferably one out of a fuel injected version from a mustang. I know they look kinda dorky, but it would sure suprise people. I think they have the same frame as a ranger, and I know people put small blocks in those.
johnpaulmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 21:43   #8 (permalink)

Ive got a mazda E1800, basically a ford econovan, with a turbo engine in it. Its got a big front mount intercooler as well.
XR_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar