Bit of an update.
It's been a few 1000 miles and we've taken two 200+ mile trips since. (If it's going to fail it needs to fail before we head to WY for x-mas) There is still a shudder between 1st and 2nd under moderate to heavy acceleration, but all other gears are fine.
I didn't include any pictures because I suck, and it didn't occur to me (again) till I was almost finished.
I placed the aux cooler off center on the passenger side of the lower part of the radiator. This clears the front frame and allows some working room for the hoses. On the driver side there is a hole in the plastic cowling (I guess) just above the drain plug. It's big enough for one hose, but a few seconds with a rotozip and both hoses will fit through.
Each hose was protected where ever it was secured (zip tied) or went through something (plastic cowl). The hose splicing is a bit of a hack job since I made some cuts before installing the cooler that were not necessary.
More than likely you will need to order splice couplers online or get them at a hardware store since most auto parts places only carry the ones for fuel lines...those will LEAK on you. All splices were made on the drivers side since I don't have a flaring tool for the metal lines.
When you remove the bumper you can eliminate some additional disassembly by using a small right angle ratchet that holds driver bits. Loosen the wheel well covers enough to get your arms in and have at it. Prob helps to remove the front wheels too.
These do not.