back window broken. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 20:52   #1 (permalink)

back window broken.

long story short, the rear glass of my windstar broke completely due to a telephone pole. it is a privacy glass with defrost on the liftgate. how much would that be to replace? how hard is it to do? thanks fellas. im new here btw. i have an '00 windstar lx deluxe and a '99 audi a6 quattro. use the windstar for work and the audi is my toy =D. ill try to be on here as often as i can.
hcaudikeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 07:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: back window broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaudikeed View Post
long story short, the rear glass of my windstar broke completely due to a telephone pole. it is a privacy glass with defrost on the liftgate. how much would that be to replace? how hard is it to do? thanks fellas. im new here btw. i have an '00 windstar lx deluxe and a '99 audi a6 quattro. use the windstar for work and the audi is my toy =D. ill try to be on here as often as i can.

Hello and good day to you:

First may I say....that if you have never replaced a window in a vehicle, I would strongly advise you to leave it to the professionals.

To replace the back Lift Gate Glass with that shade of privacy class I would estimate that it would be any where from $100 to $200 Dollars. But shop around...and see if any one can give you a better price.

Do you have Insurance on the Vehicle?? Do you have a High Deductible?? If so I would have it done myself by having some one replace the glass. That way you don't have to file a Claim, and have your insurance rates go up.

Good luck, and Good Repairing.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling_Six View Post

Hello and good day to you:

First may I say....that if you have never replaced a window in a vehicle, I would strongly advise you to leave it to the professionals.

To replace the back Lift Gate Glass with that shade of privacy class I would estimate that it would be any where from $100 to $200 Dollars. But shop around...and see if any one can give you a better price.

Do you have Insurance on the Vehicle?? Do you have a High Deductible?? If so I would have it done myself by having some one replace the glass. That way you don't have to file a Claim, and have your insurance rates go up.

Good luck, and Good Repairing.
hey,
thanks for the reply. yea ive taken apart and removed and replaced the side windows on my audi to replace the guides, but never a back window. especially one like the windstar that i dont see how the glass is even on the door. so ill definitely leave it to the professionals. and i dont even have full cov. on the windstar, so either way im ok with the insurance.
hcaudikeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:26   #4 (permalink)

I have the same problem on my car:D
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar