Re: Door panel repair/replacement
Heres a fix:
couldn't get my pictures to upload.
But heres how you can repair a cracked door panel.
1. Get some fiberglass
2. Fully sand down the back of the panel, where the crack is.
3. Apply the fiber glass as per instructions. note step 4
4. I put a small piece of wood dowel on the inside. To keep it from flexing. But anything would do, if it does not flex.
5. On mine, 94 XLT, my door panel was missing one of the clip inserts. This is the cause for them to crack. The door flexes and after a while will just crack. So I cut one off a old door panel, postioned it 5" centre above the last one on the back side outer edge and fibered over it.
6. No need to do anything else after, just wait and re install your panels. Unless the skinn is cracked. If so, you have to do this to a new set, or as a friend of mine did, just recover them.
It took me about an hr to do both, that is from start to finish.