Engine won't start right - fuel pump/filter? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 07:27   #1 (permalink)

Engine won't start right - fuel pump/filter?

Hello guys,

my name is Arthur and i'm travelling at the moment with my car around Australia. Unfortunately i have a problem with my car. I have the problem that the engine does not really ignites. It seems to be like the engine wouldn't get gasoline. Once the engine starts, I press the accelerator pedal fully, but the engine does not accelerate.

Have anybody suggestions for me or can me somebody tell where is the fuel filter/pump to find? I have no idea. Sorry for my bad english, i give my best to learn it. :-)

Best Regards,
Arthur
chullain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 09:25   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Engine won't start right - fuel pump/filter?

What year and what model is the car???
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 19:18   #3 (permalink)

Hi,

thankx for the fast answer. My car is a Ford Econovan Year 1991.

Regards,
chullain
Old 09-02-2009, 19:42   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The fuel pump is in the gas tank and the filter is on the frame rail on the drivers (Left) side of the van. It takes a special tool to unhook the fuel lines from it. The fuel pump comes on for a few seconds every time you turn the key before the starter engages. If you turn te key on and listen, you'll hear a short hum. I'd change the filter and see what it does.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:11   #5 (permalink)

Hi,

it seems to be the problem of the timing belt, or the gasket, whatever it is. That is what the mechanical said to me before. So has anybody connections in perth, who can tell, where i can repair my car cheap? Or somebody who is doing mobile jobs...private?

Thankx,
chullain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar