How can I reset the tire pressure light on a 04 Freestar? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 05:09   #1 (permalink)

How can I reset the tire pressure light on a 04 Freestar?

It has nothing to do with the pressure, it seems that every time I simply take off a tire the light goes on and I have no way of resetting it. I can remove the little message that shows up by the odometer but not the warning light. It seems that the only way to have it done is to have a mechanic get at it.

Is there a trick to this?
LordJezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 18:36   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: How can I reset the tire pressure light on a 04 Freestar?

Check all the pressures first and make sure none are over or underinflated. Usually after a few drive cycles, it will reset. Also look in the Owner's manual and see if instructions are there.

Another thing to try is to turn the key to the "ON" position, and take a good, strong magnet and hold to each valve stem for 5 seconds each (This works on Expedition) and see if that works.

I will check at work tomorrow to see if special tools are needed and get a "For Sure" answer to ya!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: How can I reset the tire pressure light on a 04 Freestar?

Never mind above post

Here is the info.................................

Vehicles Without Message Center..............................
To reset the system, press and hold the odometer reset button and wait for the "TIRE PRESSURE SET" light to illuminate. Continue to press the button for three seconds, then release. After three seconds, the low tire pressure warning lamp will flash three times, indicating that the low tire warning system reset procedure is complete.

Vehicles With Message Center.....................................
To reset the system, press and hold the SETUP button and wait for the message center to display "RESET FOR SYSTEM CHECK". Then press the RESET button and wait for the message center to display "HOLD RESET TO RELEARN". Press and hold the RESET button for three seconds. The message "HOLD RESET TO RELEARN" and the low tire warning lamp will flash three times, indicating the reset procedure is complete.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar