Keyless Entry or not? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 15:28   #1 (permalink)

Keyless Entry or not?

How can I find out if our recently purchased 1995 Ford E250 van is equipped with a wireless door lock system? According to the service manual, they had them then but we did not get any remote with the van when we bought it. Is the only way to find out, to check for a receiver module or is there some way via VIN or other method to tell if I could get a remote for it?

Thanks
kipkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 17:17   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Keyless Entry or not?

Turn the key from off to on, (not start), 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in the on position. If the locks cycle, you have keyless entry.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:06   #3 (permalink)

Nice. I will check and report the results. Where did you get that "test" from? Is it in the service manual somewhere? Or ar you just smart?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Well, I won't say I'm smart, but I've done it about a hundred times. The procedure is in the owners manual as well.
Owners manual can be found here.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43   #5 (permalink)

I just realized the Post title says Keyless Entry but that's not what I am asking. Oops. I think I explained it in the body of the post. I am just looking to see if I have remote door locks. Not sure if that is used interchangeably with Keyless Entry. I tried the switch test and nothing happenned so I guess I don't have it. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:19   #6 (permalink)
Always the student

Sorry, I just checked my resources and the 95 has different test/programming, I'll type it up and post later tonight
Old 07-01-2009, 07:31   #7 (permalink)

Hey fonz, Any update on this? Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55   #8 (permalink)
Always the student

1.Look for a white or light grey plastic connector with two metal prongs inside that is NOT plugged into anything. This connector is located behind the dash (driver side) to the right of the steering column just above the drivers right foot area. It may be taped to a wire harness and ultimately leads to the keyless entry reciever.

2. This connector verifies a keyless entry system is installed.

To test- for programming.... Put the ignition switch in "run" or "acc" and jumper the two program connector terminals. The system will respond by locking then unlocking all doors.

If it does this then you have keyless entry. To program a remote if you have the right one.
Put the ignition switch in "run" or "acc" and jumper the two program connector terminals. The system will respond by locking then unlocking all doors. Press any button the the first transmitter. all doors will lock then unlock or the horn will chirp to verify transmitter signal exceptance. Do the same with each additional remote, up to four. when complete turn the ignition switch to off, all doors will lock then unlock or the horn will chirp. Remove the jumper wire.

Dealer can also check by VIN# and tell you if your vehicle came with keyless entry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar