Major issues with 1995 Windstar...
First off, I do not know cars. I know how to change fluids, but nothing else. I have several issues.
1. Starting a few months ago, I have had extremely horrible acceleration. It takes me several miles to achieve even 25mph. Needless to say, drivers behind me are not very happy.
2. In order to get any acceleration whatsoever, I need to barely push on the gas pedal. If I push down too far, the engine will jerk and stutter and I will lose major acceleration. It almost feels like I'm playing tug-of -war with a vehicle going the opposite way.
3. When I am idling, the engine sputters and there is minor vibration on the steering wheel.
4. Starting last week, I have experienced no acceleration at all. I can get up to roughly 10mph. Nothing I do seems to help. It has gotten so bad, I have had to borrow a friend's car just to go 5 miles to get to work.
5. When I open the back cargo door and close it, the interior lights will stay on. In order to get the lights to turn off, I need to "kick" the door in exactly the right spot and hope that it works.
I have taken the van to several mechanics who either claim that they have fixed the issues (which they really haven't) or they don't have a clue as to what is happening.
I eagerly await (hopefully) the solution to my woes!