need a little windstar help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar Forum for discussion of all Ford Vans and Ford Mini Vans such as the Ford Aerostar and Ford Freestar.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2004, 15:14   #1 (permalink)

need a little windstar help

Hi,
new here,

I'm 850 miles from home and my wife calls and wants to know how to replace the head light in our 98 windstar van. It's been ages since I put a headlight in the van and I thought I had just popped it in. she says there is some kind of clip on it and she can't get it off.

Can anyone just give me a short refresher on headlight replacement on a Windstar (1998) I just can't remember the trick.

thanks

bentwings
bentwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 06:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: need a little windstar help

There are 3 silver clips that hold each headlight in place. They slide upwards to remove them. The tricky part though is there aer small tabs on each side of the bottom of each clip that needs to be pulled apart in order for the clip to come out. Once you get a hang of the first one, the rest will be easy.
V8280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 16:31   #3 (permalink)

Re: need a little windstar help

Thanks for the help. It's been quite a while since I changed one and I simply forgot. My wife and kids couldn't get it out as it was a bit cold so she took it to a sop and they fixed it. $10.

Funny thing was right before Christmas my Dodge 3500 had a head lite go out too. It was -10 degrees and it was cold, let me tell you. I tried for 3 days to get the new one in but I could only work about 5 minutes bare handed. I finally got it at tight as it would go then finished it when I got home in TN 850 mile later. It still was a battle like the Ford. I saw a lot of things on the side of the road as I was driving I didn't know were there. haha Nothing like having a "side lite". Head lites on Dodge 3500 are not good to begin with. Hardly noticed one was out but I sure could see the side of the road. I guess it made keeping the dualies on track easier. LOL.

thanks for the help folks.
Happy New year

bentwings
bentwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Vans and Mini Vans | Ford Aerostar | Ford Freestar | Ford Galaxy | Ford Windstar