Ford Forums banner

02 Supercrew P0305,p0307,p0174,p0171

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  djsmith4 
#1 ·
have a 02 F-150 supercrew with 79,600 miles. A week ago I had code P0305 come up and the truck started idling rough at a stop. This was worse after it warmed up and was ran for a bit. I replaced the plugs but now I have codes p0305,p0307,p0171,and p0174 coming up. I figured it might be the coil pack but now the new cylinder and the other codes this threw me a little. Has anyone had this problem or know what might be causing this as well as the cheapest way to fix. I replaced the EGR valve and Sensor last April due to a code and the vehicle ran fine after that. I did noticed while replacing the plugs that the EGR gasket did not seat properly and am going to replace that(could this be part of the problem).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
DJ

#2 ·
It could be the coil packs for 5 and 7. I'd pull them out and check the boots. if they are okay, take a look at those plugs. If al looks good, switch the coil packs wit different cylinders that are easy to get to and see if they move to those cyl. The EGR gasket could be the lean codes if it's leaking vacuum.

#6 ·
Replaced coil packs on #5&7 for previous codes but still receiving codes P0171 & P0174. The truck runs rough after warming up and when at idle. It almost wants to choke out when stopped and idling. I think I smell gas sometimes from the truck but I do not see any leaks around the injectors.
I am about ready to pull out what little hair I have left Any suggestions please!
DJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.