05 F350 Super Duty - Keyless Entry - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 07:36   #1 (permalink)

roll 05 F350 Super Duty - Keyless Entry

I have searched this forum and others for an answer to this question, so here goes nothing: I recently purchased a used F350 Super Duty Deisel Dually and it did not come with the keyless entry code. I looked through every piece of paper and book that came with it and found no code. Other sites describe a 'RAP' or computer module which supposedly has the factory set security code printed on it. Locations for this module vary from under the right-front kick panel to behind the radio. I even found this site which had pictures! I spent about 40 minutes under the dash on both sides of the truck and found nothing. The local Ford dealer wants $40.00 to hook the truck up to their system which can read the code. I have an OBDII scanner but it is no help.

Does anyone know for sure the location of this magic box on an '05 F350?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
idzeeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 08:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: 05 F350 Super Duty - Keyless Entry

That's crap about the dealer. They should have told you that when you bought the truck. When I bought mine (not a 350 but a 150) the dealer had the code and gave it to me when he handed me the keys.

When you spend that kind of money, you should not have to go on a witch hunt tearing your truck apart looking for a code.

I would call the dealer back up and give them an earful
nitrorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:27   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

You go back to the Dealer and complain about charging you for info that was supposed to be given to you on the day it was bought. It takes then 2 minutes to hook up the factory scanner and get the code.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 17:50   #4 (permalink)

I appreciate and understand the suggestions. Unfortunately, the dealer I bought the 350 from was a Nissan dealer and claims not to have the ability to retrieve a Ford code. I asked him to let me go to a Ford dealer their 'family' of dealers owns but he refuses to pay for it. I will most definitely be writing a nasty letter to the regional office but for now - still no code!
idzeeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 20:53   #5 (permalink)

Smile Re: 05 F350 Super Duty - Keyless Entry

Lots of people have this problem and I was one of them. My local dealer, with a straight face, quoted $98 to get the code out of the computer. That made me so mad, I decided to find out how to do it myself and tell as many people as I can how they can do it as well. I'm not a Ford mechanic, but I have a 2004 F-350 and I can tell you how I did it. The RAP module was mounted on the fire wall behind the radio. I suspect the easiest way to read the code is to remove the radio. If you can't get it out, remove the fuse panel located below the steering column. With a bright flashlight look to the right and up behind the radio and you should see at least part of a large white label. It will have a large bar code on it as well as the words "Canada" and "FCC" among other stuff. The factory code is the bold five digit number located to one side. This was not easy to see. I had to reach up under the panel and push a wiring loom out of the way while my wife looked for the number, but it was easily worth $98.
sloflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27   #6 (permalink)

Thank you sloflyr, you are the only one that gave detaled information on how to locate the box and what the tag looked like, I bought a 2005 f350 dually about a year ago, the guy i bought it off of said he would get the code to me and he never did,called ford for the code they wanted 80 bucks for it and like you it made me mad that they would want money for something that is not broken.Anyway it was right were you said it would be but they have put a large piece of white insulation in front of it to make it a little more difficult to find it ,but it only took me about 5 min. to do what you said and now after about a year of driveing around with out it, I got it working Thanks again. And F ford for even makeing it a issue to get your keyless pad working
THRASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel