06 350, P0275,0528 - urgent advice needed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 23:52   #1 (permalink)

06 350, P0275,0528 - urgent advice needed

Hi there
I do have an 06 350 Lariat, 252'k. All services done. Own it since 2010 / did 90'k travelling, pulling a 23.5ft 5th wheel for roughly 50'k.

October 2012: P2290 low ICP. IPR Valve has had a broken O-ring and screen. They told me that it might be that the oil filter under the oil cooler pus related parts might require replacement. So far they did replacing the IPR Valve. Had it in June 2013 big service with Engine oil filter, fuel filter, transmission oil filter, trasnfer case fluid brake system and had the alternator drive belt replaced. I noticed that the truck uses sometimes more fuel without pulling than with pulling, it is random, not always the same. sometimes hard to start, meanwhile several seconds until it cranks and it makes a weird noise - but not always.. (it hurts...). So the repairguy found out:

P0275 injector 5 cylinder contribution fault. P0528 fan speed sensor circuit no signal. TSB 06-17-06 for this problem and recommends replacing injector pressure regulator and FICM. Faulty injecotr is also contributing to hard start will need to be fixed before proceding with TSB. So the dealer wants me to see a Ford Dealership with certified and experienced diesel technicians.

As we all know, they try to make their living and especially if they notice that one has no clue - in this case me, am a female and have many other qualities than technical stuff, admit - they just try to get all money they can.

I have spent in the last 2 years more than 3' on repairs on the truck!!

so my question to you is:
a) any experience on this one?
b) what repair costs am I looking at?
c) how far can I still drive without doing any damage?
d) - I need to drive 700km anyways and I am thinking of before repairing it in expensive BC to drive down to the States and have it done there, am just unsure whether it in the end won't pay out due to bigger engine damage.
e) is it a never-ending story that is now starting??? 2006-flue??

pls help as I need to move as well, pulling my 5th wheel, and I have just a couple days left, just got the infos couple hours ago. Have an appointment upcoming Wednesday but the guy -although diagnosis has been done by another dealer - he wants me to pay 140CAD JUST for the code-scan and estimate...

thanks for reading :-)
hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 06 350, P0275,0528 - urgent advice needed

The p0275 could be any number if things. FICM could be one but I would need to know what the FICm voltage is. As far as the P0528. It is a fan code you can check for cut wires to fan clutch otherwise it's usually a bad fan clutch. If you already had IPR screen replaced why do they want to replace IPR now?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel