06 F-150 Cloth Seats - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 15:04   #1 (permalink)

06 F-150 Cloth Seats

I have a problem with my seats. When any thing wet touches the seat and gets the seat wet, it will dry just like it looked when wet. So basically it leave a water mark where ever anything was sitting.

The seats are gray.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Will warranty cover this?

Thanks
kjpedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 12:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: 06 F-150 Cloth Seats

Yes, I have a 2004 F-150 and my seats do the same thing. They are also grey. It's stupid. I am not sure why it does this, but I have not really looked into it. I just try not to get my seats wet....but it is a truck ya know....? Funny thing too....there was like white powder in my seats...does yours have this powder substance?
Armoredchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 19:30   #3 (permalink)

I think it does have the powder.

I am taking mine to the dealer, and will let them pay to figure it out.

I will keep you posted on what they do for me.
kjpedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35   #4 (permalink)

Ok, great. Please let me know, cause I would like to clean mine, but I am affraid that whatever I do might leave a huge water mark. Don't let them charge you. It's not like something you did, ya know? Thanks, hope to hear from ya.
Old 07-20-2007, 14:35   #5 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

The cloth material for the seats are just, plain crap. The cloth stains very easily and is of poor quality. I also found that the leather equipped vehicles have problems with cracking, fading, and tearing.

I know of a 1986 Volvo with over 400,000 miles on the odometer and the leather interior looks like brand new! It all depends on quality, and Ford must have forgotten about the old slogan.....................

"Ford quality is job 1"
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 22:15   #6 (permalink)

Hey all,

As a carpet and upholstery cleaner I think I need to chime in on this one.

First question is what is getting the seat wet? A spill of water is one thing but sweat is another.

The white stains you see are usually caused by minerals in the water, such as salt from sweat. When it evaporates the minerals are left behind. Having your seats professionally cleaned SHOULD remove the marks.

I doubt this condition will be covered under your warranty as it is not a defect but an effect caused by the seat getting wet.

P.S. don't trust your local car wash to remove the spots, call a professional!
Boberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 22:18   #7 (permalink)

Forgot to mention my .02 about leather...

Even cheap leather will last a lifetime if properly cleaned and treated. Heat and low humidity are hard on leather but with a little care it can retain it's luster for years and years. Your friend with the Volvo must have maintained his interior for it to last that long. I'm sure Ford leather would do the same with the proper care.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:09   #8 (permalink)
wwb

Get the seats professionally cleaned. Then, get about 4 cans of Scotchguard and give them a GOOD spraying. It'll cost about $25, and it's the same thing the dealers charge $150 for.
wwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:51   #9 (permalink)

yes, it's water. And I agree with the scotchguard treatment. But I still don't understand what the white powder is....?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18   #10 (permalink)

The white marks are minerals left behind when the water evaporates. Think of the salt flats in Utah. It used to be covered with salt water, when the water evaporated the salt was left behind.

Remember too that your seats need to be vacuumed or they get very dusty. Go out to your truck, hit the seat with your hand and see what happens. A dusty seat doesn't help matters any.

Scotchguarding help but only so much. People think their carpet and upholstery is bullet proof after they have it done and it's just not so, especially with upholstery. Doing it yourself is your best bet. Treating it multiple times with light coats is better than one or two heavy coats.

Boberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel