'06 F-250 Acceleration Hesitation - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 22:11   #1 (permalink)

'06 F-250 Acceleration Hesitation

Hey Guys,

I have been having some recent problems with my 2006 F-250 King Ranch edition. Under acceleration, there is a noticable hesitation before the power kicks in. I took it in to Ford and the turbo was replaced as the seals were going and it began leaking oil. That was figured to be the problem, but the hesitation still persists. The truck isn't throwing any codes, and the Ford techs won't troubleshoot because there is nothing specific to look for. I recently suspected that the Edge programer had something to do with it, so I put the truck back to stock tune but it's still the same.

The only thing I can really think of right now is possibly a boost leak in the system, but is this a common issue at all for these trucks? I think I will rig up a boost leak tester and give it a go to make sure everything is good on that end of the system.

Does anyone else have any other ideas of what it may be, or what I could check into?

Thanks
Steve
steve_o1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 06:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: '06 F-250 Acceleration Hesitation

I also have an 06 F250 6.0L A few weeks ago I went to lunch and got back into truck and it wouldn't start. Had it towed to dealer. When they got to the truck it started but was idleing rough. They hooked it up to computer it didn't show anything. So I drove it for 2 weeks and on the way home it started to lose acceleration. I took it to the dealer the next day. It was trying to die at stops and wouldn't go on excelleration and when it did kick in it was hard. The dealer got into the truck to move it and it wouldn't start. They finally got it to start and now it's running smooth so they say but it's showing no codes. They haven't a clue what is causing the problem. They did to an oil pressure check and it was good. They said they thought that the egr valve was the problem but can't change it due to warranty issues. Saying unless it shows a code they won't touch it. I think it's BS that you pay so much for a vehicle and they can't fix them. All they keep saying is we can't mimic the problem. In the mean while I will have to worry that the truck will die on me in traffic or towing and it won't be a pretty picture trying to stop a truck with no power and a 10k trailer behind you. I'm just about ready to call Ford myself and say WTF. So I will post when I find out what the problem is. Mean while Good Luck....
mingiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel