06 f-350 peeling fuel tank - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 14:39   #1 (permalink)

06 f-350 peeling fuel tank

I have a 2006 f-350 with 30,000 miles, changed the fuel filters regularly. over the past year my mechanic noticed paint chips in the filters. We decided to drop the tank and found an inch of paint chips in the bottom. Brought the truck to Ford where the service manage said they have seen a few vehicles with the same problem. He said he would contact Ford for assistance on the repair. After having the truck for 3 weeks I was called to pick up the truck with a cost of 1,400.00. I was told that the truck was out of warranty and the only thing that they would pay for was deisel repair under warranty.Even though Ford knows about this defective tank and the peeling was going on for years they would not stand behind it. I have owned Fords for 20+ years and could not believe what i was hearing. This tank should be recalled an loyal Ford customers should be compensated.
curbagarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 16:32   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 06 f-350 peeling fuel tank

I'd ask to talk to the factory rep myself. Also, near the back of the owners manual is an 800 number to contact Ford and let them know you'd like to meet with him.
Old 08-31-2010, 20:32   #3 (permalink)

Re: 06 f-350 peeling fuel tank

I am a diesel tech at a ford dealer and we see this all the time and it usually takes some injectors with it. But no ford isn't doin anything about it but i've been told that it is from alot of sitting weither or not this is true or not idk.
BIGMAN97F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel