'06 f350 trans codes and FICM code - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50   #1 (permalink)

'06 f350 trans codes and FICM code

In may I bought a 2006 F350 with 6.0L PS with 138K miles. I recently went on a camping trip with my son pulling a 5500 lb trailer when I noticed the tow/haul light was flashing on the way home. Shifting seemed good so I kept on trucking home. CEL came on shortly after... I had AutoZone check the codes and they came out:

P2700
P0752
P0611

(these are also the same codes spit out by the Edge Insight CTS)

I know the top 2 are both tranny related with P2700 most likely a result of the other, but here are my questions:

1. I have a bad alternator and declining battery life. I have a new alternator shipping in tomorrow, and will replace the batteries at the same time. Would either of these cause/contribute to the code(s) above?

2. I bought an Insight CTS to monitor stats and found that my FICM is at 30-40v when I first start my truck. It eventually rises to 44-48v but I know it is in need of replacement (the P0611 code). I wanted to wait until batteries/alternator were replaced before sending the FICM in. Should I wait... or regardless of batteries/alternator the FICM is fried? Also... would the FICM have anything to do with the tranny codes (long shot I know... but thought I'd ask!)?

I am unsure of the type/grade of tranny fluid placed into the truck before I owned. I have already flushed oil, diff, and transfer case fluid... so I guess the next logical steps are tranny & coolant flushes to make sure all the correct fluids are in the truck.

Any suggestions or answers to the above questions will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Seanjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 13:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: '06 f350 trans codes and FICM code

A lookup of the codes says 611 is a fuel injector control module performance issue.

The 752 is shift solenoid A stuck 'on'.
The 2700 is trans friction element A issue.

You need to have a trans shop repair the trans.
The injection issue is a seperate problem.
Good luck.
Bluegrass is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel