Hey guys and gals - as the post says, I have 152K miles on my 2007 F150 Lariat 4x4. It's in great shape and I want to keep it that way. I have $500 that I want to invest in preventative/routine maintenance on my truck.
WHAT I WANT TO KNOW
: What are your suggestions on the best value for my money to do this?
Aside from regular oil changes at the Ford house, here's what has been done
- K&N air filter installed
- Plugs replaced at 101k (did them myself successfully with no breakage I might boast slightly about
- Front and rear end differentials drained and refilled at 100k mi
- Coolant drained and refilled at 100k mi
- Transmission drained and refilled at 100k mi
- Battery replaced
- Breaks and rotors are in good shape and are tended to as necessary
I think that's about it. Note
: I have only done a "drain and refill" (not a "flush") on the differentials, coolant, and transmission. Ford urged me to do a "flush" at the time (100k mi) but I didn't have the money nor feel it was necessary. Felt more like they were trying to fork more money out of me.
That said, is it worth it (especially at this point) to do a "flush" on the coolant and transmission or should I wait? Or is it EVER worth it at all? In other words, will a drain and refill suffice every 100k mi or so?
Anything that you might think would be a wise thing for preventative maintenance at this point in my truck's life is what I'm looking for. Hope I was specific enough and I look forward to your answers! Got on here a while back about my previous Focus and got awesome responses. Thanks!