1988 F250 4WD front u-joints
I need to replace the front u-joints on my 1988 F250 4WD, 7.3 diesel. As my funds are minimal, I am forced to do it myself, which leads to a few questions:
1. Is there an online source for a downloadable shop manual or diagrams?
2. Are Chilton or Haynes manuals worth the money on a job like this?
3. Does it require special tools and, if so, what are they and what should I expect to pay for them?
4. Since a lot has to be dissembled, are there other components that should be replaced at the same time?
5. Lastly, is this a job that an inexperienced shade tree mechanic can handle?