1989 f250 idle problem??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 06:42   #1 (permalink)

1989 f250 idle problem???

Ok so i just bought this 1989 ford f250 with the 5.0 and it has a very high idle speed...so here is what it does....i can start it up and it runs normal as soon as i put the truck in gear and hit the gas the idle flys up to abou 2.5 grand...the only way i can get it to stop is buy pulling over and unpluging the idle air speed sensor...the thing is ive replaced the sensor already and it still does the same thing......my ? is my temp sensor i think is shot because my temp gauge does not come up so if the temp sensor is out would this cause my idle to be so high?? i dnt think its a vacume line because it runs fine when the idle air sensor is unpluged...so somthings telling the senor to give the truck a high idle but what? thanks
Bigred4x4I6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 22:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1989 f250 idle problem???

One quick thing to try. disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes. This may help clear any codes that bad sensor you swapped out was giving. This may clear that idle issue. Hey its worth a try and cost nothing look closely at your throttle body and make sure its closing completely and not getting hung up.

Best of luck.
partsforstangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel