Ford Forums banner

1990 f250 clutch and tranny problems

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
hello everyone,
I have a 1990 f250 4x4 with a 460 v8 dual fuel that i got today in a trade deal but it has some clutch issue's .you really have to push the clutch pedel into the floor to get it to shift . i was going to try and bleed the clutch slave cyl, which is external but i can't see the bleeder valve. is there one or am i just blind as a bat ? also is there a way to adjust the clutch ? also the tranny tends to pop out of gear when it's in reverse. any ideas would be helpfull.
thanks
:driver:

#2 ·
do u mean the slave cylinder is outside the transmission, or are u lokking at the master cylinder under the hood, if so, u r going 2 have 2 bleed the slave cylinder in the tranny. there should be an opening in the bell housing below the hydraulic line. if bleeding it doesn't work, u have to replace it. it might pop out of reverse because the slave cylinder is going, and it's not letting it get all the way into gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.