Ford Forums banner

1997 ford f250xlt 4x4 engine swap

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,hope your having a nice day.im not,lol. I was wondering if the experts on this site could help me out of the the kindness of your hearts god bless.

so heres the problem,i have a 1997 ford f250 xlt 4x4 it has a 5.4 2 valve engine which is the original i ,believe. The engine is a bad so i checked around and found an engine out of a 2002 ford expedtion a 5.4. The guy said it would work in my truck i just had to change the intake. Anyway i found a mechanic from a friend of a friends,you know how that goes right.and he said that a junk yard told him it wouldn't work. I checked around and theres different opinions on it. So im trying to find out if the 2002 ford expedtion 5.4 engine would fit in my 1997 ford f250xlt 4x4 my engine has the aluminium intake and the new engine has a plastic one,somone said the coils are different.

so what I would like to know is will the engine fit in my truck and what do i need to do to make it work are the coils the same is the cpm the same are they both 2 valve engines. What would i need to do to make it work or do i need to get a diffent engine. Just trying to find the right answer before i get the mechanic to do the change over.
Would appreciate some feedback ray god bless.
ck thanks ray godbless:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.