I tested components with a multimeter and determined the actuator motor was the problem. The testing procedures said to replace it if the resistance was less than 5 ohms and I had zero. I did test the switch and it did not fall within the exact guidance of the procedures but was close enough. I took the switch back to O'Reilly's and had to make a trip to the dealer to get the actuator motor. Fortunately they are open on a Saturday but I hate having to get parts through them. It cost me $72 with the tax. The old part number was F85H-19E616-AA and the new part was 2L3Z-19E615-BA just in case someone else needs one and can locate it elsewhere. I have a subscription with ALLDATAdiy.com :: Leading Source of Diagnostic and Repair Information
and used there guide to install it but did skip the step to “remove the panel/floor door vacuum control motor” as I did not see a need to remove it to get to the actuator motor. The screw for the floor duct on the back left was not easy to remove. I did finally get it removed by disconnecting the vacuum lines to the “panel/floor door vacuum control motor” and using a universal joint on the ratchet. I have good control of my heat now and I was glad it was not a broken “blend door”. I would say the best way to test the actuator is with a multimeter as the shaft on the motor cannot be easily seen.