20 years with Ford-no more - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:43   #1 (permalink)

20 years with Ford-no more

Due to the recent $1800 rear end blowout on the interstate(this does not included missed work, hotel bill, towing, 2 days of hell in ocala Fl.) and 418.00 window regulator( 4 in a month) I have decided to buy a Ferrari it will be much less expensive. Built FORD Tough - What a joke. Google Ford window regulator recall and find out how many F-150, F250 and Explorer complaints are out there. Come on Ford you made a mistake own up. $1300 to replace 4 plastic clips that only you make because it comes attached to the window motor. This was a bad call from a top manager and I just hope that Karma runs its course. One final thought YOU SUCK! You have lost one of your biggest fans and have turned him into one of your biggest critics.

FOR SALE 2003 Ford F150 72,000 miles make offer

P.S. If you are going to save money on cheap parts you should spend the extra money on better training for you customer service departments.
F.O.R.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 13:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: 20 years with Ford-no more

20 years and 1 post?
sho_ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 13:57   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_ted View Post
20 years and 1 post?
i was thinking the same thing...
montego kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 18:15   #4 (permalink)

Whoa... Look,

I am not going to try to defend the ford window regulator, it is what it is. Suffice it to say that any car company can run into these issues, but with the current state of the economy, I am glad that my favorite vehicle maker in the world did not bankrupt themselves over a window motor. This is not a safety issue, even though I too would be super pissed.

However, the rear end issue I take exception with. Ford makes the best differentials on the market! I love ford rear ends! And so do all of the Jeepers out there that are using them instead of Dana 44's. I must call into question your maintenance and/or driving. When was the last time you took care of that vehicle. Have you ever changed the fluid at 75k?

Most of the people on this forum are those who put their own time and sweat into their trucks and love them like children. We are not people who just sign up to a forum to whine. This forum is for people who need help with their beloved fords, as that won't be you any longer we look forward to not hearing any more of your ford bashing. Or are you just a plant from the chevy crowd?
847alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:24   #5 (permalink)

He's posting per batum on other F-150 Forums. 1 Forum in particular took great exception to his rant. I know it's not quite the same, but anything you were thinking of saying that was rude, crude or insulting but correctly considered the source and blew it off, was presented to him with no stone left unturned or thrown. We're talking pages of replies w/ referace not only to him but even the horse he happened to be riding in on! Like it had any choice in the size of the ass riding him? Anyway, after a while I started feeling sorry for him. No, I'm still talking about the horse. The guy sounded old enough to know what happens to people that urinate upwind, so all I can think is he fogot to mention that the heater in his truck also went out and that's the only way he can keep his feet warm. The Replies me of an old polish folk saying: "Never try to teach a pig to sing, because not only do you waste your time, It annoys the pig!
ymeski56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 19:26   #6 (permalink)

just curious about thoughts...
I also only log on when I am having problems. I don't rant on fords, for some reason, I like the ford trucks.
But I had to replace rear end in my first 99 4x4 Didn't change fluids in the tranny, cost about $2500. Stuff started breaking, so I sold it with about 140 K miles. My next 99 4x4 also blew up the rear end at 120K. I had maintained this one, and didn't expect it.
I have a 98 expedition (I said I like fords..), It blew one of it's spark plugs out of it's hole with 90K miles. I have discovered this is not an uncommon problem. I found a mechanic to fix it for under $500. Now I'm fighting a radiator problem I can't identify, but I see that there is loads of owners with radiator problems.
I'm just kind of sympathetic to the ford guy who is venting. I hear of a lot owners with trans problems, rear end problems (yeah.. the ford 8" may be a good rear end, but that's not what goes in the vehicles today) radiator problems, god forbid you have to replace the heater core in a vehilce like mine. I looked at the instructions and decided this was outside of my skills. That was a bit over
$1200. It is expensive to drive these vehicles, and I'm not sure they are the best vehicles. I just don't like the way a tundra or a titan looks. I bet they don't have as many threads on their websites.
imboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel