Ford Forums banner

2003 V10 ignition coil replacement

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and I have some questions. First, I have a 2003 F350 with the V10. It is idling really rough and shudders when when driving at lower RPM. Also seems to have less power. Ran a diagnostic on it and the following codes came up - P0306, P0307, P0316. I know the first two are misfire codes for cylinders 6 and 7. Not sure what the third code means. Did some research and decided that the ignition coils for those cylinders need replacing. So my questions are - 1) Is this a correct assumption 2) If so, do you need to pull the fuel rail to replace these coils. #6 I can get to without doing so, but it appears #7 will require the fuel rail to be removed. 3) If the fuel rail does need to be removed, any suggestions or things I should know about this process. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and replies. I changed the coils today and fired it up. It's like a totally different truck. I had been noticing symptoms for quite some time now and the dealer told me they could find nothing. I find that hard to believe since my little HyperTech tuner is what found these codes for me. Anyway, the truck runs like a champ now, and I really feel that it was running on 8 cylinders for some time now. I guess this would explain my crappy fuel mileage lately. Well, crappier than it already was! Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.