Ford Forums banner

2006 F350: Changing 1-disc to 6-disc factory radio

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
Need a little help, I am replacing a single disc factory unit with a six disc factory unit, is this a simple unplug and plug-in and go? the person i bought the radio from performed the shipment method that is on top of the radio when he sent it to me, how do you reverse the shipping method, does not state on the top of the radio. Also, i only have the single wiring harness going to my radio, but on the back of the 6-disc, there is a place for another harness next to the antenna wire slot, that i do not have a harness for, is that for the radio controls on the steering wheel? just trying to get this working, when i do power it up, it makes all kinds of noises when i power it up like it is trying to load or change cd's, but eventually stops. let me know if anyone has had this problem, thanks for your time.

#2 ·
Most changers will make some noise briefly to 'count' the CDs that are in there (or aren't in there). It's nothing to worry about. As for the fitment or wiring I can't say exactly what you need to do. I'm not sure what you mean about the 'shipping method', as you make it sound like a task of some kind....

Perhaps someone who has the unit will chime in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.