Ford Forums banner

2009 f150 throttle sticking

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  julesod72 
#1 ·
My new 2009 f150 with the 4.6 liter, 3 valves per cylinder throttle stuck at high speed. I accelerated to 60 mph to pass and then couldn't slow down. I wasn't using the cruise control. I stomped on the brake pedal twice to try to disengage but it didn't work. The truck kept accelerating and was approaching 4000 rpm. The brakes barely slowed the truck. I had to pull into the emegency lane, shift to neutral and cut the engine.

#5 ·
I also have a 2009 F150 with under 5,000 miles. I had the same problem accelerating to merge at an on-ramp. My pedal stuck and I was gaining speed rapidly. The truck was up to 87MPH and the brakes barely slowed it. After approx a little over a mile and a half I got it to slow to 30 and put it in park and shut off the ignition. Scarest freakin thing.
The dealer says they "can not replicate the problem so I can come pick up the truck". That won't be happening. Ford will not fix this unless it happens when a service person is test driving?? I have filed a complaint with the Nat'l Highway Transportaion Safety Admin. I also saw someone had already filed a complaint when their gas pedal got stuck while they were in reverse and hit 2 cars and 2 trees (they were injured)! Also online I found another person that had the throttle get stuck twice in one month (brand new '09 also)!
If you have time file a complaint on the NHTSA website and perhaps they will issue a recall and fix this before more injuries and deaths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.