2011 F 250 rear window leak - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 15:35   #1 (permalink)

2011 F 250 rear window leak

Hello,

Back in November 2010 i purchased a brand new 2011 Ford F 250. About 6 months after I had it I noticed that my rear automatic sliding window was leaking,leaving water on the inside of my back window and some of my seat. Now it doesn't leak when it rains, just when i run it through an auto wash or when i hand wash with a regular garden hose. When i took it to the dealership for this problem they stated that they weren't sure how to fix the problem and they would have to contact the Ford tech-line for further instructions.Keep in mind the sticker price on this truck was(are you sitting down) $60,155. So the tech line then contacted my dealership a few weeks later and stated that they didn't have a fix for the problem at this time. So my service manager stated that i should contact the Ford customer relations department and tell them the problem and that they would handle it from here. Kind of weird that i would have to call,but i did and stated my problem with the Ford CRD. He told me the same thing that there wasn't a fix at this time and that he would have to turn my problem over to the customer care team.He said that CCT would investigate my problem and that somebody from the team would contact me in two business days. It was more like six. He went over my problem with me and basically told me that the window was "DESIGNED TO LEAK" and it was a characteristic of my vehicle. This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. He stated that since its a characteristic of my vehicle that their is nothing they can do to fix it. He stated that my truck has a trough under the slider that catches the water that leaks in and drains through hoses that run outside the vehicle. I have torn apart that back seat(short of taking out the seats)looking for this trough and hoses. Im not seeing a thing other than the housing for the cable and the rear window motor.I was just curious if anybody else has had this problem or something like it. Or any advice on what you think my next steps should be. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and waiting to hear back from them. If I would have known about this so called "characteristic" I would not have bought the truck. Im a blue collar working man that has a very expensive truck. I sure as hell don't want it to leak.

Thanks For Listening

Matt Demmin
MDemmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 03:37   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2011 F 250 rear window leak

Keep us up to date on the outcome / solution ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:43   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2011 F 250 rear window leak

Will do R.S.
MDemmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel