78 f150 from a 351m to a chevy 350??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 07:44   #1 (permalink)

78 f150 from a 351m to a chevy 350???

ok i am some what mechanically inclined but i have never done a project like this, can anybody give advice on how to swap a 351m to a chevy 350? i don't nkow if i could just buy a bellhousing adapter and motor mounts or if i have to replace averything trans transfer case and the drive shaft?. the truck is 4x4 the only reason im trying to do this swap is because i spun a bearing and the only other engine i have laying around is a sbc 350 W/ trans and transfer case. please help.... thank you
tim_s1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 08:06   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 78 f150 from a 351m to a chevy 350???

Mos of the swaps I've seen, they used the chevy tranny and adapted the linkage. You've all ready mentioned the motor mounts, your next concern is the drive shaft.From there, for that vintage, it's pretty much hoses for the coolant, and maybe shifting around your wiring and exhaust match-up. I've personally haven't ever made a badge switch. What's the possibility of a swap so you can stick to the blue oval? It's not that I'm badge loyal, but staying with Ford generally means less surprises.
Old 06-23-2013, 17:55   #3 (permalink)

after going over everything i think im going to try and see if someone will swap me engines or buy this truck i have for enough money for a fsb engine, thank you for the help though
tim_s1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:22   #4 (permalink)

Where are you at? I've got Chevys and Fords, so if you're close enough, might be able to work out a deal...
seismik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel