84 F150 Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 01:36   #1 (permalink)

84 F150 Questions

Hi,
I'm new to this forum.I'm about to buy a 1984 F150 4X4 short bed with the 5.8 l V8.
The truck seems to be in pretty good condition and I will be paying 1100.- for it.Is that about what it's worth?
I want the truck sort of as a beater truck to do some hauling possibly I'll get a blade for snowpoughing.But I also like tinkering a bit.I used to have a Triumph TR4(too much tinkering in retrospect) so I think I might be fixing this truck up over time.Muffler,Tailgate,Interior,small side window new windshield will have to be first.
I'm hoping that this forum is a good resource for information.
I know there's a million F150s and some of them are more desirable than others from what I'm told, but What do you guys think ,is a 84 F150 a worthwhile truck to own and restore?
This truck I'm buying is pretty beefy looking, has a visor, big tires and looks kind of vintage.I think I'm going to enjoy driving it.
Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2005, 10:24   #2 (permalink)

Re: 84 F150 Questions

I would think an 84 F-150 is worth restoring. Are you planning on redoing the engine then as well? On the engine a tip I got from my uncle is, if it's a 351 M-block than its not the motor you would wanna rebuild, but if it's the 351(W) then thats the one you would wanna go with. All depends on if you wanna get more ponies out of it.
bryang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 22:25   #3 (permalink)

Re: 84 F150 Questions

hi Bryang,
I had the truck checked out in a shop yesterday and it turns out that it is a 85.I don't know if it is a 351 M or W motor.How will I know?
The checkup turned out to be good.I need a tranny service,the rear differential is leaking a little,front brakes need to be redone, shocks are weak,so is the battery,the fan belt for the air and the smogpump is missing,so there might be some expensive stuff there,the interior needs some work but other than that it's a great truck and I'll have fun tinkering with it.And I think the price was right what do you think?
Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 14:47   #4 (permalink)
ryan84

Question Re: 84 F150 Questions

how do i put a radio in my 84 f150 what do i need to do or get to install a radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel