88 F150 302 running rich - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 16:47   #1 (permalink)

88 F150 302 running rich

I have an 88 f150 with a 302. I have replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor, installed dual exhaust and got rid of converters, distributor etc. I get bad gas milage around 10 mpg. The truck runs great when it is cold, just like it is suppose to but once the motor warms up it starts to bog down and not have as much power almost like it is getting too much fuel. I know it runs rich because after installing my new exhaust it was no time before the pipes were black and you can smell how rich it is. I have been told it might be the engine coolant temp sensor but i don't want to replace it on a guess. Any help would be great. Thanks
dave1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 06:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: 88 F150 302 running rich

i have an 88 f150 with a 300 and it used to rev up and down till it would stoll
i did everything you did and then some and got nothing
i change the map sensor and now its like bran new

A manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP) is one of the sensors used in an internal combustion engine's electronic control system. Engines that use a MAP sensor are typically fuel injected. The manifold absolute pressure sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's electronic control unit (ECU). This is necessary to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn is used to calculate the appropriate fuel flow.
kenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel