90F150 Losing Coolant/Head Issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 18:00   #1 (permalink)

Question 90F150 Losing Coolant/Head Issues

Hi all, I'll try to keep this short, and really hope I explain things well enough to get some help. Heres the deal, bought a used 1990 f150 with the 300cid inline 6 engine a few weeks ago with the understanding that it needed a head gasket. finally got around to working on it this past weekend, and it is still losing anitfreeze, i believe it is getting into the oil and from there also getting burnt. Now when the truck is started it will run ok for about 5 minutes, then it begins to smoke a little, and another 10 minutes later it is smoking like crazy and the truck dies, and will not restart until it has cooled down. When I drained the oil yesterday, thinking that maybe it was just burning the coolant that was left in the oil from before I got 2 to 3 gallons of oil/coolant when I pulled the plug, and the coolant level in the radiator is still going down. Through further investigation, I discovered that the head that is on the truck now must be from an older model, as there is nowhere for the +/- 1/2 inch line (smog something i believe) that comes from the air pump to connect to the head. My question is this, Is there any difference in the heads that could be causing this problem, or do I have a warped/cracked head or cracked block? Now I know why I'm not a mechanic, get frustrated WAYYYY to easily, any comments/criticism/answers are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, High Tech Redneck
hitkrdnck62571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2006, 16:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: 90F150 Losing Coolant/Head Issues

moved
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel