93 F-150 Gas Mileage - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34   #1 (permalink)

93 F-150 Gas Mileage

I have a 93 F-150 with the V8, 5.0. I recently put a 3" body lift and changed my tires from 235/15 to 31" a/t. I can't believe how bad my mileage droped, i used to get around 18 average and maybe 20 on the highways, now after the lift and tires i get around 12 city and 13.5 hwy. I knew my mileage would drop but does it make sense that it dropped that much? Also now the truck is burning oil and blowing just a little bit of smoke going up big hills at hwy speed. How you heard of mileage changing that much? Is there anything i can do?
ndermody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 12:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: 93 F-150 Gas Mileage

Well I don't know if any of these matter but i found out what the CE light was on for, I gave me the following

11- System Pass

31- EGR Valve position sensor Circuit, Exhaust pressure Transducer or Pressure Feedback sensor Fault

32- Exhaust pressure transducer or pressure feednack EGR sensor circuit volts out of range

33- EGR Value not closed properly

34- Exhaust pressure transducer or pressure feedback EGR sensor circuti volts out of range

These mean anything to you guys????
Old 01-25-2007, 19:55   #3 (permalink)

dude, is your CE on from start-up on.. or does it come on intermittently? sounds like the EGR valve itself.. maybe its all done. does it have an elect. connection on the valve itself? what eng. do you have?
presto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 18:18   #4 (permalink)

Its comes on when i am driving not to often though. Only last a couple minutes at the longest. I have a V8 5.0 302.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel