93 F150 4X4 302 Shaking and PCV problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 08:42   #1 (permalink)
5.0 Burnouts

confused 93 F150 4X4 302 Shaking and PCV problem

When I am driving my truck shifts to the next gear up and begins to shake, so I press the accelerator to make it downshift and the shaking goes away. When I put it in 4-low it sometimes feels like it is slipping when going forward but never backward. It has always shook when it goes into overdrive but now it does it in all gears. It happens anytime going up or down a hill or on flat ground.

Also I just replaced my PCV valve and there is still oil leaking out of my breather filter in my air box. Dont think it is a head gasket problem because there is no smoke.
JAikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: 93 F150 4X4 302 Shaking and PCV problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAikens
When I am driving my truck shifts to the next gear up and begins to shake, so I press the accelerator to make it downshift and the shaking goes away. When I put it in 4-low it sometimes feels like it is slipping when going forward but never backward. It has always shook when it goes into overdrive but now it does it in all gears. It happens anytime going up or down a hill or on flat ground.

Also I just replaced my PCV valve and there is still oil leaking out of my breather filter in my air box. Dont think it is a head gasket problem because there is no smoke.
try the u joints that would be the first place i would look
Old 02-20-2006, 20:01   #3 (permalink)

Try the U joints that would be my first guess
Mrkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 14:18   #4 (permalink)
5.0 Burnouts

Haven't had time to check but I think it's the u joints. Now for the PCV thing. I put a new one in and pressure built up and pushed it back out. What else can I do?
Old 02-27-2006, 18:48   #5 (permalink)

As far as the PCV valve, you've probably got a restriction in the hose on the end of the valve. The valve is OK, but if the gasses can't escape out of the hose, they will build up and force the valve out of the grommet. To prove this, insert the PCV valve into the grommet with the hose disconnected from the PCV valve. It should stay in the grommet without being forced out.

If this holds true, trace the hose back...look for kinks, etc. If there's no external reason, there may be something inside it blocking flow. Also, if the hose is OK, trace it back further...somewhere there is a restriction.

Good luck!
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 17:44   #6 (permalink)
5.0 Burnouts

Well just thought I would give the results, the shaking was the engine was missing, when my oil was changed they hit one of my spark cords, should have thought of that sooner. As for the PCV Its staying in now and has vacuum to it but it still makes a funny hissing noise, not sure what that is, but I'll find it soon. Thanks for all the great tips!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel