'94 F-150 Idle Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 16:36   #1 (permalink)

'94 F-150 Idle Problem

I have a 1994 F-150 and when im stopped at say a red light, the engine will randomy rev to about 1000 RPM from idle which is about 600-700 RPM. I have asked around and one of the answers ive heard is the IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve. Any one else know what could be wrong???
NeXtras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 18:40   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: '94 F-150 Idle Problem

Tune-up been done lately? Fuel filter been changed? Could be alot of things.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 15:12   #3 (permalink)

Follow this thread for starters...

my5oh.com, Your Ford Tech Source :: View topic - How to do a Self-Test

then let us know the results.
Old 11-05-2006, 15:49   #4 (permalink)

could this have n e thing to do with compressor, seems to do it more wen heat is on...
Old 11-15-2006, 05:01   #5 (permalink)

so i played around with the truck and found out that the idle problem only happens wen the "Mix" "Def" "A/C" and "Max A/C" is on... any ideas???
Old 11-15-2006, 17:37   #6 (permalink)
Always the student

This is not a chat room. Ur typng bcms hrd 2 rd. You have been asked a couple questions,(such as Tune-up been done lately? Fuel filter been changed?)so someone could help you further, but you have not answered them.

By the way when you have 'the "Mix" "Def" "A/C" and "Max A/C" is on' this is when your air conditioning compresser is on, so it puts a load on your motor and pulls your idle down. Like Mullet Man said, it could be alot of things. More info. would help us help you.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 15:03   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
This is not a chat room. Ur typng bcms hrd 2 rd. You have been asked a couple questions,(such as Tune-up been done lately? Fuel filter been changed?)so someone could help you further, but you have not answered them.

By the way when you have 'the "Mix" "Def" "A/C" and "Max A/C" is on' this is when your air conditioning compresser is on, so it puts a load on your motor and pulls your idle down. Like Mullet Man said, it could be alot of things. More info. would help us help you.
I'm typing all correctly... i dont know what your chatroom comment was about. But to answer the questions, it hasnt been taken to have a tune up as me and my dad do most of our matinence. Yes i realize the compressor is on and puts a load on the eninge but this is not the normal. The idle surges and does not stay steady. When it revs up its after i hear the compressor stop (you hear the loud click). And i lso realize it can be many things but i figured if i could tell you exactly what and when it does this you may be able top pin point what the problem is.
Old 11-20-2006, 16:04   #8 (permalink)
Always the student

Alright, I didn't mean to offend. It's just some people type quite abbreviated and it's not normally done on forums like this. (n e thing ...wen ) Anyhow, all this aside, It could be Idle air control valve or maybe throttle position sensor, or timing, maybe even a vacuum leak.

Have you tried any of the self tests that was suggested in post #3?
Also, if you have a manual for you vehicle, they give ways to test sensors and relays etc. Hope this helps. Someone with more info. may come along soon.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:34   #9 (permalink)

Yeh, thanks. And no i have not done the self tests yet. My friend knows a mechanic and may look at the truck for me. Dont know yet.
Old 11-27-2006, 18:54   #10 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Remove the belt. If it idles fine then you know the compressor could be overcharged or the clutch is binding.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel