94 F150 I6 Electrical issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 18:24   #1 (permalink)

94 F150 I6 Electrical issue

I''ve got a 94 F150 I6 Manual 2wd and suddenly after changing the battery cables, I have no electrical what so ever. I changed the solenoid, check all the connection points on the new battery cables, battery is new, changed out the ignition switch and have had the alternator and started checked. I''m now out of ideas and being new to this area can''t call a friend to come look.

How it happened:

After changing the battery out due to the old one going bad, I then new I was going to need new cables (cut the cover back about 10 inches from the terminal and still saw corrosion). I didn''t replace them right away after finding out the price on OEM replacements and about a month later start up started getting a little sluggish. It got worse over the next 2 weeks and finally one day my battery was dead so I checked the alternator and it was fine so I went ahead and replaced the cables. Everything before I replaced them was running fine, but after I got them back on and tried to start it back up I had no electrical what so ever, not even headlights. After a few suggestions on replacing cheap parts I now have a new ignition switch (old one was shot anyways, could turn the guard around w/o the key and start it with anything resembeling a key) and replaced the solenoid.

Right now as it sits, I can jump the solenoid and get power while in the accessory and run positions (and headlights all the time), but when I turn it over to start I lose all electrical again.

I''m now lost for ideas and soon going to get it towed to the shop.

Thanks for any advice you may have.
googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 03:58   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 94 F150 I6 Electrical issue

Sounds like a poor connection or weak battery.Make sure all connections pos. and neg. are clean and tight. Battery>solenoid>starter.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 19:50   #3 (permalink)

Re: 94 F150 I6 Electrical issue

Any(probably) chance you reversed the POS/NEG connections?
ymeski56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel