94 f250 check engine loss of power - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 18:45   #1 (permalink)

94 f250 check engine loss of power

have had my truck in the shop more than I havent..... the mechanic says hes stuck.... it has a new banks turbo and new wiring for glow plugs, he says he cant find out why the waste gate wont open and says it should have more power........ HELP Please I am a girl so I dont know trucks but I dont want to throw money out to another shop for more think its this or that....
I drove it home today seemed ok but not nearly the power i rememeber, turned it off got back in it to go up the street started just fine got 7 blocks and the check engine light came on as I came to a light put in first to go and it wouldnt barely accelerate, drove into a station turned it off and back on the light went out and I drove it home in fear it would be dead soon if I continued .... PLEASE HELP!
FIRECRACKER69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 10:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: 94 f250 check engine loss of power

sorry so long........

wanted to add that the truck was taken to ford byu my mechanic and the codes ford pulled are ; runs rough long crank turns over slow batterys went dead eec test no hard faults memory faults P1661 & p0471 no cause of no start has high starter draw and low batterys put on charger will recheck after charging. after charging got to start warm up to runpower balance test got faults p0276 & p0281 cyl #6 & 7 deadinjector problems will need to remove both sides and replace injectors, inspect harness under cover and recomend new valve cover gaskets also, will need EBP sensor and tube for fault p0471. Also one battery test bad left side and other only a 550 cca should be 850. customer declined repairs at this time.

they got it back(my mechainic) and replaced the batterys both with new interstate batterys ... they replaced the ebp sensor and tube... they replaced the injector harness , they did valve cover gasket said #7 was burnt replaced , they did cps and replaced it (crank posistion sensor) the uvc harness has been replaced fuel filter replaced oil filter replaced.... they have given me back the truck and basically said we're stuck and dont want to waste my money trying to figure it out... but before I have another mechanic take my money would like some help if possible...

the check engine light no power thing they said never happened to them ....
FIRECRACKER69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel