94 F250 - Heater - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 16:20   #1 (permalink)

94 F250 - Heater

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I was reading up on the forum and it seemed like we may be experiencing the same issue that I saw posted on other threads: A faulty Blender Door or blender actuator.
I was prepared to get into see the blender door today and after taking out the glove box to see into the dash better, found that all controls seem to be working correctly.

AC/Heater/Defroster knob routes air to the correct spot function.
Fan knob activates fan to desired settings.

The Hot / Cold knob appears to work correctly BUT, it distinctly blows very cold on the cold setting but only mildly warm on the hot setting (regardless if the AC/Heater knob is set to Floor or Defrost).

When you first rotate the AC/Heater knob to a heat setting it will start to put out a decent temperature of hot air but within seconds goes to a moderate temperature (neither cold or hot).

We rotated the temperature knob from hot to cold and back and it moves easily and the control within the dash appears to work fine (this is visible with the glove box removed), it moves with the knob but doesn't slip out of position.

The AC/Heater selector knob also appears to work correctly - this is visible from the passenger floor area. Again, the assembly moves in and out with turning the knob but does not "slip out of position".

I checked the floor on the passenger side it does not appear that there is a leak from the heater core and when checking the hoses to the heater core - the "IN" appears hot and the "OUT" appears warm but easy to touch.

The air flow seems to be OK (a bit higher when selecting a cold temp than a warm temp but generally OK). I didn't want to dig deeper into the dash if I should be looking somewhere else first.

What else should I be checking? We have had this rig since new - great rig. It used to be a daily driver, now it sits parked most of the time (likely less than 2500 miles a year).

Any comments/suggestions you have to help would be great. Looks like I'll have to take this up again next weekend.

Thanks
Luftwaffe35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 16:56   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 94 F250 - Heater

As always, make sure the radiator is full as low coolant can give you low heat from the heater. You could try a system flush, but the heater core is probably somewhat stopped up and may need replaced.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 17:09   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 94 F250 - Heater

And feel the heater hoses when the engine is hot. They both should feel hot. One slightly more than the other. If they aren't, as thefonz said, see if the coolant is full, make sure the engine gets to operating temp, and try a system flush.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel