'95 F-250 Poor performance, very hot exhaust!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 17:08   #1 (permalink)

'95 F-250 Poor performance, very hot exhaust!!

So far I have replaced O2 sensor, Map sensor, distributor, TPS, air filter, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and pump, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Even passenger side exhaust manifold (cracked), engines runs good for a few miles the acts like it's running out of fuel. If you really stand on it hard while it's acting like it hjas no fuel, after a few seconds it will kinda jump and then just take off, but if you let it off the floor you're right back to being out of fuel. Then after all this the exhaust pops and cracks like it's hotter than hell when you shut off the engine. P.S. I also took off the catalytic converter and drove a pipe thru it till there was nothing left. Help!!!
kessary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 10:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: '95 F-250 Poor performance, very hot exhaust!!

sounds like a timing problem to me,mabe the timing chain jumped a cog?
bkmurray98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:38   #3 (permalink)

I already checked the timing chain as well. I think I may have it fixed now though. Yesterday on my way to workl I stopped and took the cap off my fuel tank and it ran great. Maybe vented cap was plugged and not giving it fuel??
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29   #4 (permalink)

The truck isn't throwing any codes?
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:34   #5 (permalink)

Was throwing codes, thats why I changed so many parts. No more codes now though. Couple of days ago was acting up again and lost a cylinder, haven't had time to find out why yet. The new fuel caps didn't help any either.
Old 02-21-2008, 22:38   #6 (permalink)

check your cat. may be plugged. therefore causing more back pressure, and loss of power. and very hoy exhaust. Due to whenever you compress a Liquid ( yes air is a liquid) the temp rises
Mr.runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel