95 f150 w/302 will not idle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2006, 17:49   #1 (permalink)

95 f150 w/302 will not idle

just started acting up yesterday my f150 will start then die or will roughly idle for a few seconds before it dies. I replaced the idle air control valve thinking that might be the problem, but it wasn't. any ideas that can be thrown my way will be apprecited. the truck is fuel injected with a recent fuel filter change, 5 speed manual. thank you
michaelj44139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2006, 18:52   #2 (permalink)

Question Re: 95 f150 w/302 will not idle

How recent was the fuel filter change? Did you change it, and then immediately start having this problem?
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:24   #3 (permalink)

Re: 95 f150 w/302 will not idle

filter was changed 2 months ago the problem just started 2 days when the temp. was 16 degrees and i was trying to leave for work
Old 02-15-2006, 17:41   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: 95 f150 w/302 will not idle

I was hoping that it was a simple problem with the filter, but that's too long ago to be relavent. Looks like there could be one of many things wrong. Rule it out...do you have spark, fuel, air, compression? The electronics on these newer motors do complicate figuring it out, but ususally along the way, it becomes apparent. Check out all the simple things first; a lot of times, it's just something small that has a big impact...check the connections, etc...May also be the electronic ignition module???

Good luck...let us know if you do or don't have success...I'll keep pondering.
Old 02-15-2006, 18:07   #5 (permalink)

Lightbulb Re: 95 f150 w/302 will not idle

I was hoping it was just a simple fuel-filter problem, but that's too long ago to be the case. I hate to say, but it could be one of many things. Start to rule them out; hopefully it's just something small. Check out connections, eletronic ignition module, etc...It's got to be either fuel, air, spark or compression.

16 degrees...where do you live?

Keep us posted on your success or lack of success. I'll keep pondering.
Old 02-15-2006, 23:16   #6 (permalink)

i live in northern ohio, worked with it some today,checked tps-ok,cleaned throttle body and throttle linkages. tried to run self test but not sure if i was reading flash codes correct, will try some more tomorow if i get a chance, warmer weather expected tomorrow high of 49.i di d check connections and looked for vacum leaks and found none. one flash code i was getting was for map sensor will see if i can find a way to test it in my book.
Old 02-16-2006, 17:58   #7 (permalink)

confused Re: 95 f150 w/302 will not idle

MAP sensor you say...Sometimes I wish I could replace these modern motors with say...a steam engine or something. Sensors are definately not my forte, although, it may well be the source of your trouble. Check out that book that came with your reader...maybe someone else at the forum will have more information.

By the way, North Ohio...My father was from Cleveland. I've got family all over up there.

Check out Goodman's Deli in Parma...eat a corned-beef sandwhich for me.
Old 02-18-2006, 19:49   #8 (permalink)

I've been reading some other posts with similar problems

They suggest checking your EGR valve (and related parts), and cleaning out the passages in the throttle body. Also suggested as a cause was dirty injectors.

It's worth a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel