99 5.4l Engine problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 23:53   #1 (permalink)

99 5.4l Engine problems

When starting the truck it goes to a high rev and then dies, sometimes it will backfire through the intake. Wont idle or stay running, the check engine code i got was p0102 which means MAF sensor low input. I have replaced the sensor and that made no difference. I was thinking maybe the timing chain jumped, i pulled the valve covers and i dont see anything wrong with the valve train everything seems to be opening and closing correctly as far as timing goes i think i can see the copper links of the timing chain which line up with the timing mark on the camshafts every 61 rotations. Is that normal? when the timing marks on the chain and camshaft line up the RH side is at 11 O'clock and the LH is at 12 O'clock which acording to the ford manual is correct. when i rotate the engine the marks are off and it takes 61 revolutions for them to line up again. im at a loss for what the problem is, any help would be great

Cameron
cgalvin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel