99 f150 brakes, ball joint, gas mileage..etc - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel Forum for discussion of the Ford F100, F150, F250, F350, Superduty and Diesel trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 16:41   #1 (permalink)

99 f150 brakes, ball joint, gas mileage..etc

OK Gang ,
i have 99 f150 5.4 v8 4x4, extended cab 167k. i am the 2nd owner of this truck and have loved since i got it with only 30k miles. i have had to replace the spark plugs along with the coils, tires, one front end piece that was squeaking, a couple of transmission fluid changes and WAY TOO MANY BRAKE JOBS. While i am not a mechanic and don't have a desire to start now, i do hire all my work. I have several issues that need addressing. i would rather put a couple of thousand into the truck to get it back in shape than have a truck payment. i know that new cars are cheap right now, but so am i and since i own my company this paid for truck, is making me money. i will list the problems and hopefully i will get the info needed to get the work i need done. i hate for a mechanic to diagnose problems, i prefer to tell them what i need fixed.

i live in the mtns of NC and the brake situation on this truck is laughable.
i want to replace the whole system(rotors/pads and whatever else needed). i dont want warping after a couple of months. i have had many brake jobs that are fine for the first couple of months but after a few trips down the mtn the shaking begins.

i want the best rotor and pad available? please be specific, i need brand names and specs.

left lower ball joint is squeaking, i assume needs replacing? should i do them all on both sides or just what needs fixing. grease-less or sealed??

power locks on passenger side have failed ? suggestions

wipers are malfunctioning, they always turn on. sometimes the speed wont change some times they are hard to cutoff. you have to keep turning the dial back and forth.? what do i do?

is there anything i can do to improve Fuel mileage?

the cloth interior is fine, however i thought i may install a more comfortable bucket seat. i also thought of getting rid of the carpet and replacing with something hoseable. are there any OEM options for the back bench seat? front seat? floor coverings?

lastly the one that everyone has been waiting for? is there anything i can do to improve performance? lighten the vehicle? etc? i am glad my truck has some scratches and dings so minor body work will go unattended.

this is my first time on the site and i hope this is not too long of a thread. thanks in advance.
oldtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford F-100 | Ford F-150 | Ford F-250 | Ford F-350 | Ford Super Duty | Ford Diesel