Ford Forums banner

Adding Dual wheels to my F-250

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  soldierblue 
#1 ·
I was at one of my favorite automotive recycling centers (aka Junkyard) and found a F-350 that has dual rear wheels and Fiberglass fender flares. I looked underneath and it has the SAME rear axle as my F-250. I took some measurements to see whether I had the same clearance on my truck (not with me at the time) and the measurements match!

My F-250 has the 1-ton suspension package.

Do you guys think it would be worth it? I bought the truck to pull my other 4X4 on a car hauler....

Any comments would be apprecieated!

Jim

#2 ·
Would you rather drive a truck with dual wheels? Do you tow anything that weighs alot?

I don't think it would serve much of a purpose, but being as I am, I would probably do it anyway. Tinkering with stuff is cool. :hy:

#3 ·
5000# Ford Explorer (1994 with a crapload of mods!) plus a car hauler trailer, plus spare parts!

I figure the trailer would be more stable with dualies!!!

Jim

ps: thanks again for all your input!!!!!!

#6 ·
The aftermarket kits for dual wheels really suck! Wobble masters! They should be illegal!
I would try to find a rear end that is already equipped for them.
Then you might want to change the front hubs also, so you have matching wheels. It sucks having to carry two spares.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.